7th AegeanDocs International Documentary Film Festival
Call for submissions
Deadline of applications: May 31st, 2019
AegeanDocs is an international Festival of documentary films taking place simultaneously in Lesvos, Chios, Samos and in other 9 islands of Aegean Sea. The main venues are the municipality cinema theater in Mytilene, Lesvos. Its main aim is to introduce and promote the most important documentary productions worldwide and create an international forum for presentations and panel discussions about emerging media and information technologies. It is particularly interested in films with political, historical and social subjects. AegeanDocs is organized with the support of North Aegean Region and the collaboration of University of the Aegean. It is produced by StoryDoc. The program includes a selection of Greek, European and worldwide productions of the last three years, retrospectives, workshops and masterclasses.
- Best European Documentary - 1.000,00 €
- Best Greek Documentary - 1.000,00 €
- Best non European Documentary - 1.000,00 €
- First Time Director's Award (for directors with 1st or 2nd film) 1.000,00 €
- Award for the best european participated project in the Pitching event 500,00 €
- Award for the best greek participated project in the Pitching event 500,00 €
For each category the Jury will make a short list with 4 nominated films for the award.
Awarded and nominated films will offer to the Festival the rights for 3 more screenings after the end of the Festival and for a period of 3 months.
2. Application submission.
All submissions are made on-line through the link found on the Festival’s official page (www.aegeandocs.gr).
Each submission must include:
a) a completed application form that includes
- Full credit list Summary of the documentary
- Director’s biographical notes and main filmography
- Dialogue list of the documentary in English, including the narration
- three film-stills and the poster
- One photo of the director
- b) Two (2) DVD-video copies of the documentary with English subtitles, sent by post to AegeanDocs, 19 Mithimnis str,11257 Athens, Greece, tel: +30 210 8616449 or link with password for the film and the trailer.
3. Film Submission
Deadline for all applications is May 31st, 2018. The evaluation will be made by a committee and the final selection by the Director. Entrants will be notified by e-mail until June 15th, 2018.
Entrants, whose films will be selected, should submit by post:
a) The documentary film in two files:
-One file in DCP with embedded English subtitles in single line and
-One film with compression ΜPEG-4/ H.264 1920×1080 upper field, 12 Μbps or higher, or a file with compression ΜPEG-2 1920×1080 upper field, or a file Quick time IMX30 1920×1080, or a file Apple ProRes 422P 1920×1080.
The file might be stored as data in an optical disk (DVD-ROM) or Flash memory or USB stick or Hard Disk Drive (that will be returned after the festival if requested)
b) A trailer with English subtitles for promotion
c) Available publicity material (posters, press releases etc)
d) The following declaration form signed by the producer or director
All materials should reach the Festival offices by July 10, 2018.
4. Other terms and conditions
- a) There is no entry fee.
- b) The film must have been produced in the last three years (2016, 2017, 2018) or in 2019. There is no limit in running time.
- c) The Festival has the right to reject any application if it is not fully completed or the materials do not reach the Festival offices in time.
- d) The Festival decides and is responsible for the screening schedule of the film (day and hour) and may organise screenings of the film in any theatre of the 6thAegeanDocs during the Festival.
- e) The Festival has the right to reject any material which does not further the character and objectives of its program.
- f) The Festival may use limited excerpts of the film or the trailer for promotional purposes.
- g) Participation in the 6thAegeanDocs International Documentary Film Festival implies acceptance of the above regulations.
AegeanDocs, 19 Mithimnis str, 11257- Athens, Tel: +30 210 8616449,
web: www.aegeandocs.gr , www.storydoc.gr